If you’re thinking of selling your home anytime in the near future, there are many ways you can increase its value before the time comes. Here’s a list of seven improvements that typically cost under $10,000 but can add tremendous value to your home when you sell:
1. Curb appeal. What do people see right when they pull up to your home? If you have flaky paint or landscaping issues, those are a few easy areas that you can address on your own. Repainting your front door and baseboards is a good idea too.
2. Replace windows with new vinyl ones. I’ve talked to many clients who said that doing this saved them a ton on energy costs in the summer and winter.
3. Open things up. If you have a kitchen or living room wall that can be knocked out, it’s not an expensive thing to do and really makes a difference. Buyers these days want a sense of openness in a home, and opening up your living spaces is a great way to do that.
4. Outdoor living spaces. People want to be able to enjoy all aspects of their home, including the outdoors. If you have room to put in a fire pit, fireplace, outdoor kitchen, or patio furniture, it’s great for your home’s value.
“People love to see extra storage space in homes.”
5. New appliances. There are a lot of places that offer great deals on new appliances at this time of year. If you’re thinking of selling in the next few months, this is a smart idea. If you need any advice on where to look, just let me know.
6. Carpet. Carpet and paint are usually pretty cheap and can really make the house feel brand new. There’s nothing like fresh paint and carpet. It’s like a great little facelift.
7. Organization. A lot of people want to see storage space in homes. If you have dead space in your house, maybe in your kitchen, garage, or basement, there is a great opportunity for you to put in some storage bins. People want to know that you have storage space, so if you can open it up, I highly recommend doing that.
If you have any questions at all about these tips or anything else relating to your next home sale, we are always here to help. Give us a call or send us an email today. We look forward to hearing from you soon.