Is your home ready for market? These five tips can help you make sure.
If you’re looking to make the biggest bang for your buck while getting your home ready for market, these five tips are for you!
- Paint. This is what I tell people to do the most. Paint is a quick and easy way to refresh a room. Many people paint their walls over the years but they forget about their ceilings. Griminess can build up on ceilings over time, so repaint there as well.
- Flooring. If your carpet is soiled, getting it replaced is a good idea. New flooring and paint will truly refresh your space. We have multiple vendor partners who can do new carpeting and paint very inexpensively.
- Rugs. People often have more rugs than they need or rugs that are too big for their space. We recommend removing any excess rugs and making sure that the ones that remain are appropriately sized for the room.
“Many people paint the walls over the years but they forget about their ceilings.”
- Drapes. Removing heavy and dark drapes or ones that are too personal to one’s taste can help brighten a room. It also helps the buyer picture that space for themselves.
- Light fixtures. This doesn’t have to break the bank. Even $50 worth of light fixtures can make a huge difference in the home. A new fixture can work wonders in modernizing the space.
These are the top five things that we typically recommend changing or at least checking. If you have any questions about this or you would like to know which vendors we recommend, don’t hesitate to reach out. We can also do a custom walk-through of the house to help determine what may be needed. Call or email us anytime!